Dynasty Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nutbar's Introduction To Our First Project

Go down

Nutbar's Introduction To Our First Project Empty Nutbar's Introduction To Our First Project

Post  Nutbar Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:39 pm

Thanks for visiting the Dynasty Games forum. Prestige and myself crossed paths a while back and started discussing our love of online games, especially those that involved role-playing as part of the regular game play. We then had a long discussion about various wrestling games out there, we recognized one (that will remain nameless) that was probably about the best out there but had many areas that we felt we could improve upon. So our first project is going to be an online game where you navigate the world of professional wrestling, attempting to gain fame and fortune as you destroy opponents in the process.

Before I go into too much detail, let me highlight the fact that this is our first project. We have some ideas for expansion down the road and feel once we have a base model for the game up and running, we’ll be able to expand on those ideas and involve users in the building of the project.

And that’s where Dynasty Games will be different. Prestige and I are passionate about the games we play and there is nothing more frustrating then when you come up with amazing ideas that will not only make the game more engaging and enjoyable only to have them ignored completely. I have a background in programming and project management so I know what is doable, what will be a challenge and what will be impossible but also have the diplomacy to describe why an idea can or can’t be done rather then “No… we’re not going it”.

When we first setup this forum it was meant to be a discussion between Prestige and myself as well as a few other close friends. Word quickly got out and we figured that having people input their ideas as we approach the development cycle would be extremely beneficial because we know that the people that are trickling in here are also passionate about the games they play.

I have been playing wrestling and management simulation games since the days of the Commodore 64 (yes, showing my age I suppose). In fact, I’ve even programmed a few for my own pleasure that I never got around to polishing and releasing. About 5 years ago I got back into the genre, addicted to Wrestling Federation Simulators and coding a new one that made it to about 50% completion before real life came along. I still have plans on completing one but that’s down the road. In any case, while I am capable of coding, I have found a team of infinitely more talented programmers that will be working on this project for us (as long as we can afford them! Lol).

Our goal is to create a game with a solid match engine that will eliminate the need for a great deal of add ons that make the game unfair and difficult to understand for new players to the game. We plan on introducing some new wrestler classes as opposed to other games as well as a training and ability list that are straightforward. When in doubt we look at real life wrestling and those infinite what “if’s” such as how would a high flying Mexican best a big 300 lug. What abilities would he need and at what training levels?

Once you have a solid match engine with pre-determined wrestling classes and abilities, you can build the game around it. And that’s where we’re at as we speak. We have the match process flowcharted and most of the ability equations determined in how they will interact with the match flow.

So we open the floor to you guys to let us know what you’d like to see in the game. What bothers you about other games and if you could build something from scratch (which is what you’re doing), then what would you include?

Once again thanks for taking time to give your input into the game. It’s greatly appreciated and we’re sure that it will only improve the finished product!

Nutbar

Nutbar

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum